College of Engineering sponsored student organizations have the opportunity to request annual funding support.
Submit requests for FY18 (2017/2018 school year) via email by 11:59pm on May 31st, 2017 to: Esc.email@example.com and ESC.President@oregonstate.edu
Requests must include the following:
- A brief history and description of your organization
- A list of your current membership that includes each individual’s name, major, and year
- A summary of Activities/accomplishments from Academic Year 2016/2017 (FY17)
- The total sum your group is requesting with a breakdown of amounts sought from:
- the COE,
- the COE School(s) where your members are students (i.e. CBEE, CCE, EECS, MIME, NSE), and
- all additional sources: industry sponsorship, material donations, grants, private donations, group fundraisers
- An itemized budget and brief description of your planned activities for the 2017/2018 Academic Year (FY18)
- An explanation of how your planned activities address the following funding criteria:
College of Engineering sponsored student organization funding requests are evaluated on whether the group’s events, projects, and/or activities (1) promote the mission of the College of Engineering, (2) enhance educational and/or professional opportunities for engineering students, (3) have a tangible benefit to the College of Engineering including visibility, awareness and/or community involvement, and (4) whether the student organization has had regular representation to the Engineering Student Council.
- How you will evaluate the success of your organization’s activities?
- A statement of support from your faculty advisor or department head
FY18 Request Template
Guidelines (info below is specifcally in reference to the COE funds, and NOT COE Schools or other sources):
- Sponsored student organizations that have previously recieved support from the COE cannot be awarded less than 75% of the largest amount allocated by the COE to their group in the past 3 years (FY17, FY16, FY15).
- The maximum request for COE funds consideration is the equivalent of $125/member (ex: 10 members = 1250 max request of COE funds). This maximum request would provide significant demonstrable alignment across all funding criteria.
- The majority of successfully funded requests are expected to be $50 or > per member.
ADDITIONAL FUNDING SOURCES
CREATE Oregon State (crowd funding opportunity through OSU Foundation)
OSU SORCE (Funds from student fees to support Recognized Student Organizations)
OSU Women's Giving Circle
REQUIRED PROGRAM EVALUATION
Groups are required to maintain formal recognition by submitting annual agreements and all follow up reporting required by the SLI system via Ideal Logic.
OUTSIDE FUNDRAISING/SPONSORSHIP EXPECTATIONS
Any funding request/sponsorship that involves individuals, companies, or organizations outside of Oregon State University are expected to coordinate their intentions prior to solicitation with Dr. Scott Paja (Scott.Paja@oregonstate.edu) utilizing the “Outside Funding Request Addendum”. This helps ensure optimal success for Student Organizations in the COE. Failure to do so in advance of solicitation, could result in loss of eligibility to request funding from the COE for a minimum of one academic year.
Outside Funding Request Addendum (Fillable PDF)
Dr. Scott Paja
114 Johnson Hall