EWB-OSU is the Oregon State University student chapter of EWB-USA, a non-profit humanitarian organization established to partner with developing communities world-wide to improve their quality of life through the implementation of environmentally and economically sustainable engineering projects, while developing internationally responsible engineering students.
EWB-USA’s vision is a world in which every community has the capacity to sustainably meet their basic human needs.
Engineers Without Borders USA builds a better world through engineering projects that empower communities to meet their basic human needs and equip leaders to solve the world’s most pressing challenges.
- Create a sense of excitement and enthusiasm about solving technical development problems within a social and cultural context
- Organize project teams to design and implement engineering projects.
- Publicize research opportunities and encourage students to undertake research on technical development problems
- Work with the profesional engineering community to develop and strengthen the engineering skills of student members
We invite any interested student, regardless of major, to get involved. Non-engineers are especially welcome to check us out, since the success of our projects relies on the collaboration of many individuals with varied perspectives.
The EWB-OSU constitution is the guiding document for all chapter activities. Everything we do is governed by our rules and bylaws.
To stay up-to-date on all EWB-OSU news and activities, you can sign up for one of our e-mail lists (these are moderated and spam-free):
- Newsletter: Get weekly newsletter updates to stay in touch on events and opportunities. Sign up on the form below.
- New Program/Nicaragua: E-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to get added to the project mailing lists and help out with the projects.
- Active Members: If you are an active student member of EWB-OSU, we will use this list for additional communication.
(Due to technical difficulties, please e-mail an EWB-OSU board member to be added to any of these mailing lists if you are experiencing any kind of trouble at email@example.com ).