Membership in the AGC Student Chapter of OSU provides young professionals with an opportunity to learn, observe, and develop their skills with current leaders in the construction industry.
The AGC Student Chapter of OSU is very involved on campus, in the community and industry. In addition, we provide a host of collaborative activities designed to enhance our student's learning experience.
- Opportunities to meet and work with AGC member contractors (potential future employers);
- Closer contact with CEM faculty and greater access to CCE staff;
- Opportunities to tour local construction projects;
- Discounted member prices on all AGC standard publications and programs;
- Notice of all regional and national scholarships sponsored by the AGC Education & Research Foundation;
- Networking opportunities with other students of similar interest and career goals;
- Special registration fees for both the State and National AGC Annual Conventions;
- Ability to participate in the AGC Construction Leadership’s LinkedIn group; and
- An opportunity to impact the community and gain recognition for those efforts through the AGC Outstanding Student Chapter Contest.
Typical Student Chapter Activities
- Representation on campus committees and councils;
- Campus service projects;
- Participation in COE Events; and
- Engineering Expo.
- Club Carnival
- Campus construction projects.
With Local Chapter:
- Chapter meetings with special presentations and guest speakers;
- Field trips to construction projects and site tours;
- Sponsor seminars related to construction;
- Mentors 360: The AGC Student Chapter partners with an ethics-based group called Mentors 360. The group is comprised of successful people in the construction industry who want to mentor young professionals and students. Each year, we host this group on campus for a round-table discussion about maintaining ethical character throughout your career.
- Participation in AGC chapter activities;
- Contractor’s Night: Every spring, hundreds of students, contractors and OSU faculty and staff gather to celebrate the year’s accomplishments in the CEM program. The banquet serves as a great professional networking opportunity for both students and contractors.
- AGC Student Chapter Annual Golf Tournament: AGC hosts contractors, faculty, and students for a golf tournament each spring at Trysting Tree Golf Club in Corvallis. The golf teams compete for OSU and golf-themed prizes, as well as bragging right with those in industry.
- AGC Oregon-Columbia Chapter/Student Chapter of OSU Tailgate Party: Each year, the AGC Oregon-Columbia Chapter hosts a tailgater before one of the OSU football games. There is always a barbeque with food and drinks. All parents, family and friends are welcome!
- Easy Access To CCE student employment program;
- Social And networking activities;and
- AGC vs. ASCE Football, Basketball, and Softball Games: AGC battles ASCE (the predominately Civil Engineering-based student group), every year for bragging rights in these three sporting events.
- Attendance at AGC's annual State and National Conventions.
In the Community:
- Community service projects - design and execution;
- Work for local charitable organizations such as Habitat for Humanity; and
- Teach construction workshops and classes for youth;
- Winter Wonderings: Talented and Gifted fifth graders from local-area elementary schools come to campus to learn more about construction engineering management. The students are put to the challenge, when CEM volunteers facilitate spaghetti noodle tower competitions or assist students in creating concrete paperweights.