- Join ASCE
- Concrete Canoe
- Steel Bridge
- Structural Engineering Institute
- Engineers In Action
- Utility Engineering & Surveying Institute
- Architectural Engineering Institute
- OSU ASCE and Chapter History
Three steps are included in the link above:
1) Join the OSU ASCE student chapter ($15 one-time dues to Treasurer, Advisor or Cindy Olson in Kearney 101).
2) Join the ASCE club at OSU (free) Join ASCE through Ideal Logic which is where we maintain all of our member lists! You will login with your ONID then use the search function to find our club and fill out the membership form.
3) Join the ASCE national organization (free). If Oregon Section dues appears, select No Section to avoid any fees. Use this link for instructions.
Steps 1 and 2 are only done once at OSU.
If you have any questions on national membership, please call ASCE Member Services at 800-548-2723.
There are many opportunities to participate in the professional activities and meetings of ASCE nationally and regionally, meet practicing engineers, hear about major ongoing projects, and begin to take steps towards a successful career in civil engineering while still here at OSU. Professional development is a key factor in your ongoing success as a practicing engineer. There are also a number of other professional organizations to consider, such as the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) and the Structural Engineers Association of Oregon (SEAO).
There are monthly meetings that you are always welcome to attend, and almost always at a reduced price for students:
If you’re interested in going to one of the meetings and would like company, Dr. Tom Miller may be able to provide a ride. Just contact him at Thomas.Miller@oregonstate.edu. Dr. Miller is a long-time member of both ASCE and the SEAO.